Who Needs Dear Abby?

Who needs some stranger to give you advice when you've got a best friend, right? Here at Turning Pages, we're not afraid to ask the hard questions...of each other.

Dear LB,
I bought a do-it-yourself basic alarm for the front door of my apartment & now my roommate thinks she doesn't ever have to lock the door. What do I do if somebody ignores the alarm & breaks into our apartment when I'm home alone in the mornings?
Yours,
Alarmed

Dear Alarmed,
Well I would first suggest finding a better roommate--or have her sleep in the closer room to the door, so if anyone gets whacked, it's her. Otherwise, might I suggest getting a well-trained dog? No? That's out of the question too, I suppose. My only other option would be to defend yourself, John Casey style. Really rambo it up.  None of these solutions help? Then I would try one of two things: either spend your whole roommateship walking around behind her to lock the door, or talk to her.

If it makes you feel better, if you do get an intruder, there's a 50/50 shot of solving the problem.  Hope I helped. 

-LB

No comments:

Post a Comment