Here to stay!



Wow.  Has it really been That long since I've blogged?  Well...in my defense, since I've been gone I've gotten engaged, quit my old job, got a better job, had a baby, quit the Better job to stay home with the baby, and am still living in the cold up-north, though in a little town in Benton County, not Stearns.  A few things to address:

1. I am here to stay.  Now that I'm at home with CS, the lil' man, I have all the time in the world to blog, and so that's what I'll be doing.  

2.  Now onto subject--since being at home I've started two things a lot more heavily than I had before:  crafting, and trying to have a greener lifestyle. As you can imagine, that will have an impact on my posts. No, I'm not a hippie mama who never showers (although I may not have a shower every day because trying to get fifteen minutes where my happy, healthy three month old doesn't need me is Difficult) but I am trying to be healthier, not just for the fiance' and I, but for baby as well.  For example, I cloth diaper, and have been using essential oils in my day-to-day going-ons (Look for a blog post about both!)
 
One of my many crafting projects--I make rosaries!

3.  AC is not dead.  I know this because I've been in contact with her, although I haven't seen her for a bit since she lives across the nation from me currently.  Hopefully I'll convince her with all the not-so-free time she has to pop in for a quick hello.

Anyway, for those new readers (or old readers who are surprised we're even alive still), I'll give a brief intro.
 
I started blogging with AC back when we both were bright-eyed freshmen in college.  She went to big-city public college and I went to a smaller, liberal arts.  We talked about our adventures.

Then I left college, she continued. We couldn't blog about being Collegiate Crazies when we both weren't, so we shifted gears to a new blog.  ...then life got in the way, we got busy, and well, life changed again.  She graduated, and took a year off before getting into a Master's program at an east-coast college while I quit my job at the local Cracker Barrel and moved up north to Minnesota (not so random, my dad's from there).  So we started this blog: a blog about life, about the crazy, constantly turning world we live in.  ...and then life got busy and we fell off the map. 

 Me and a much-smaller CS

As for me, I'm a twenty-four year old stay-at-home-mom to a wonderfully bright-eyed three month old boy.  He's the light of my life and definitely keeps my days busy.  The fiancé and I live on a small fixer-upper farm.  Right now it's fixing up the house--small steps.  I'll be planting a garden when it warms up a bit and stops raining, and I hope by next year to have chickens.  I do a lot of sewing and crafting to take up the time not spent playing with CS.  I look forward to blogging more about my family, Minnesota, my new projects, and my essential oils (I've become quite passionate about it). 

Hope you tune in for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment