Gardening and oils

So as I've said, I live on an old farm.  It's a good ole' farm, but a bit run down.  Part of my huge cleanup has been the many--and I mean many--flower beds this place has.  Along with flowerbeds, there are two giant old water/feed troughs just waiting for love me to plant my herbs and such in.  But first thing's first--to clean them out.  

As you can imagine, the beds were quite full of weeds.  I was pluck-pluck-plucking away, and brushed up against a plant and thought I was dying.  The stuff itched like hellfire!  Now, I've never been allergic to poison ivy, and therefore only knew the 'leaves of three, let them be'.  The plant I encountered was over two feet tall and didn't have three leaves to put in sight.  Tall and sort of prickly like an okra plant, I immediately snapped a photo and sent it to my Mama and sister (God bless them for putting up with me) and asked if it was poison ivy.  By this time, bumps had appeared.

Terrified it was poison ivy and completely unsure if whatever it was could be given to CS, I ran inside and washed it off with cold water.  Then rubbed the welts with my YL lavender and joy.  It helped dull the stinging, which I hoped to be a good thing.  By the time I had fed Carson, (I'd say about an hour after the incident) it had faded tremendously.  I kept applying joy and lavender to help clear up the rash.  By supper, it was completely gone and my arm only tingled minimally.

 
Great for poison ivy...and other stinging plants!
 
 
Before & After

Come to find out, I'd ran into burnweed--also known as stinging nettles.  I'd like you people to know, Indiana does not have burnweed.  Or at least none I've ran into.  I mean, we have thorn trees (aka honey locust) and it's MN's burnweed that does me in.  

Thorn trees = not terrifying

  
Stinging Nettles = never wanna see again   
But--I made it through!  And it once again leaves me thankful for my oils.  They promote a healthier lifestyle...and for that I'm grateful!  Remember, if you're interested in Young Living or want to know more, check out my previous post on the subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment